School Academic Achievement
- During the 2008-09 school year, all 10th graders were given the 10th grade Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examinations. Whitewater High School’s scores compared to the state average as follows:
|2008-2009 WKCE Scores |
| ||WHS ||State |
|Reading ||81% ||74% |
|Language Arts ||76% ||70% |
|Mathematics ||70% ||69% |
|Science ||74% ||71% |
|Social Studies ||79% ||75% |
- Seventy-nine Whitewater High School students completed 183 AP tests in 2009, and 22.5% of the 2009 graduating class completed an AP test while at WHS. 57% of the WHS exams scored a 3 or higher in 2009. Twenty WHS students earned AP Scholar awards in 2009 in recognition of their exceptional achievement on multiple AP exams.
- During the 08-09 school year, 88 Whitewater High School students took the ACT test. The average composite score for that group was 22.5 which compares to the state average of 22.3, and the national average of 21.1.
|2008-2009 ACT Scores |
| ||WHS ||State ||National |
|English ||21.7 ||21.7 ||20.6 |
|Mathematics ||22.4 ||22.2 ||21.0 |
|Reading ||23.0 ||22.6 ||21.4 |
|Science ||22.5 ||22.3 ||20.9 |
|Composite ||22.5 ||22.3 ||21.1 |
- Each year WHS typically has one or two National Merit Finalists. The Class of 2009 graduated two National Merit finalists.
- WHS has had recent graduates accepted to attend University of Wisconsin-Madison, Harvard, Yale, Northwestern, University of Minnesota, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and several other high ranking universities and colleges. Each year the University Of Wisconsin-Whitewater sends a report on how WHS students performed academically in their first year. The average GPA for the 31 WHS 2006 graduates who attended UWW during the 06-07 academic year was 3.03. This compares to 2.86 for all first year students at UWW the same year. Also, WHS had 26 WHS graduates graduate from UWW in 2007. Ten of those students graduated with Honors.