What are the Whitewater Music Parents?
The Whitewater Music Parents Association:
All parents/guardians of students enrolled in the elementary, middle school and high school music programs of the Whitewater Unified School District are members. The membership of this organization is open to all interested adults.
- Supports the development of a program of excellence in music for the Whitewater Unified School District;
- Assists the directors in band and choir operations and maintenance;
- Provides financial aid for music camps and honors ensembles;
- Promotes closer contact between the music programs and their directors, parents/guardians of music members and other school organizations and administration;
- Increases community interest in the Whitewater Schools’ music programs.
Why is the music program important?
Active participation in quality music programs is linked to stronger academic, leadership and problem-solving skills. Studies have shown students involved with music have increased abilities and knowledge like hand-eye coordination, tone recognition, and rhythm. Students also improve their leadership and creative problem solving skills and deepen their compassion, assets that employers and universities desire in young students and employees. A well-rounded music program fosters these traits and provides a comprehensive education for all Whitewater students.
Music is going strong at all of our schools, with elementary, middle school and high school students involved in a host of musical programs, from music theory to marching band, to choir to strings. Even more important than numbers, students continue to improve and learn that, with hard work and diligence, the opportunities are endless.
Help us keep the music program strong!
Your continued support funds a myriad of musical efforts at the elementary, middle and high schools:
- Summer music camps, honors ensembles, special events, and clinics.
- Music instruments and equipment.
- College scholarships to exceptional Whitewater High School music students.
The Whitewater music teachers are always looking for opportunities for students to learn and grow while strengthening the bonds with the community. The Music Parent Association will continue to support concerts and events such as our Band-O-Rama as well as the Winter Gala Concert featuring the WHS Band and Choir.
We continue to seek donors to our program, and have several donation levels to choose from: Business Booster ($250 and up), Community Booster ($100), or Family Booster ($25). Whitewater Music Boosters will be acknowledged in many concert programs over the course of the academic year beginning with the Winter Gala Concert.
Please feel free to contact us via our Whitewater Music Parents email so that we can send you updates on the Whitewater Music Parents: email@example.com
Whitewater Music Parents Association Officers:
President: Holly Crowley
Vice President: Karen Mayer
Secretary: Andrea Svec
Treasurer: Mike Dugan
Whitewater Music Booster Chair: Marjorie Stoneman
Meetings are held in the Whitewater High School, room 403, generally the first Monday of the month. See meeting dates link for more information.