Student leaders make significant contributions to the climate and culture of their school and community. This year, students had to use their creativity, perseverance, and positivity to overcome challenges they had never seen before – and proved that no obstacle was too difficult and no challenge was too strong for their leadership & kindness.
Join us during National Student Leadership Week to celebrate the amazing students & teachers whose work & ingenuity have had a positive impact during this time of uncertainty. The National Honor Society is hosting a video contest from March 10 – April 10 to recognize outstanding leadership & acts of kindness in our school & community. $20 gift certificates from Whitewater Businesses will be awarded for the most inspirational videos and leaders in our school! Videos will appear in announcements & on the WHS Facebook page during National Student Leadership Week, April 19 – 23.
Video Contest Rules
- Describe what outstanding leadership or kindness is and/or looks like.
- Recognize a person who has demonstrated outstanding leadership or kindness and describe the impact he or she has had on others in our school & community.
- Inspire others to demonstrate outstanding leadership or kindness by sharing examples of ways they can make a difference in the lives of others at WHS.
- The video should be 15-30 seconds in length, no larger than 100Mb.
- Videos should be uploaded to the following google form by Saturday, April 10.
- National Honor Society members will award gift certificates for videos with the most creativity and impact. Members may nominate others but are not themselves eligible for nomination & prizes.
- Political entries will not be considered.
Teachers will also be able to recognize student leaders & students who demonstrate kindness by completing a nomination form. Pictures of students recognized will appear in daily announcements, on the new NHS Instagram Account and on the WHS Facebook page.
Whitewater High School
National Honor Society Members